Ramblings of a metal vocalist
HI GUIZE! I’m here to play 18 questions! So if you wanna get to know me a little bit better, this is how! So buckle your seatbelts and prepare your butts.
1. Which bands/artist do you own the most albums by?
I have several bands i own almost every album of... i use digital downloading for now since i actually have nowhere to store physical cds anymore, but when i get my own place, i will be collecting again. But the 3 bands i have the most albums to are Nightwish, Delain, and Within Temptation.
2. What was the last song you listened to? Detonate by Starkill
3. What’s in your CD player right now? I do not have one anymore, as i had nowhere to store it. But the thing playing on my iPad is Starkills album, Gravity.
4. What was the last show you attended? The last show I attended was Unleash the Archers right before the Coronavirus quarantine began. In fact, one week after the show, the whole world was on lockdown and everyone’s tours got cancelled.
5. What was the greatest show you’ve been to? I would have to say that the greatest show I have ever been to was Grand Magus, Arch Enemy, At the Gates, and Amon Amarth. That show was the iciest show and every band killed it on stage!
6. What was the worst show you’ve ever been to? I went to a show once whereI did not know any of the bands too well and they were ALL terrible. I don’t want to give names. But the show was so bad because the sound system was out of whack and every band looked like they were struggling. It hurt so bad to watch.
7. What is the most musically involved you have ever been? I am currently lead singer and songwriter for a band called Sun Lay Silent, the lead singer of a project called Nox Aeternum that is debuting soon, and I have a solo project and several guest appearances in the future. I also have quite a few friends in the metal scene that have been very helpful in leading my projects in the right direction. I am pretty damn involved in the scene and am a HUGE fan of metal in general. I hope to tour soon and be even more in touch with it.
8. What show are you looking forward to?
I WAS looking forward to Battle Beast and Seven Spires cause I was gonna buy VIP passes to meet both bands and I was SUPER excited cause Adrienne and Norah are a couple of my favorite vocalists and i got my chance to meet them taken due to Covid 19. That shit seems to be ruining EVERYTHING.
9. What is your favorite band shirt? I have a shirt by Delain that had a lovely lady with a lamp and the color scheme is so gorgeous. I have been very very careful to not mess it up at all because i love it that much!
10. What musician would you like to hang out with for a day?
I think I would enjoy hanging out with Adrienne Cowan, as our interests are very similar and she is actually very easy to talk to.
11. Who is one musician or group you wish would make a comeback? I REALLY wish that Ronnie James Dio would rise from the dead for one last album. I feel if he wrote a new album during this time, it would do REALLY well and I would LOVE to hear new work from him.
12. Who is one band/ artist you’ve never seen live but always wanted to? I have always wanted to watch Nightwish. I hear their current vocalist, Floor Jansen is AMAZING live and I have seen videos on YouTube of her performances live. I want to experience this in person.
13. Name four or more flawless albums
This one is WAY too hard. But if i had to choose 4 completely flawless albums that I never skip a single song to, they would be
Gravity by Starkill
Apex by Unleash the Archers
Until the End by Eleine
Moonbathers by Delain
14. How many concerts have you been to, total? Like 10... I was a very deprived child....
15. Who have you seen the most live? Madonna.... I am a fan of her older work.
16. What is your favorite movie soundtrack? My favorite movie soundtrack is the Lord of the Rings Fellowship of the Ring soundtrack. It was actually one of the albums that got me into composition. Plus, I had the pleasure of joining in on the choir for one of the shows they held in my home town. My college choir sang along with a few of the songs in the audience to make the experience broader.
17. What was your last musical ‘phase’ before you wisened up? I have never really had a “phase”. But i used to just listen to trendy shit on the radio to fit in, as i was always kind of an outcast. But then i discovered metal was my true calling. After that, i sank in and have not gotten over it. There is so much to metal! I love it!
18. What is your ‘guilty pleasure’ that you hate to admit liking? I actually like SOME Lady Gaga music. Mostly the softer stuff. And I also like Elton John A LOT. Lol!
ArwenStarsong is a singer, songwriter, lyricist, Youtuber, and multi- instrumentalist from Fresno, California. She is an enthusiast of the metal genre, and a lover of poetry, art, and writing. She also livestreams video games for fun sometimes. She is an artist of the Symphonic/ Power metal genre that is beginning to bud in the community. She recently helped found a new Symphonic Power Metal band called Sun Lay Silent.